With sales in the German Furniture & Appliances market, amazon.de generated a revenue of almost US$1.6 billion in 2019, which means it is the leading online store in this segment. In second place is otto.de with a revenue of over US$1.4 billion, followed by ikea.com with a revenue of US$0.5 billion. Altogether, the top three online stores account for a market share of 33% within the given segment. Compared to the German eCommerce market across all segments, where the top three stores account for 25% of the market volume, the Furniture & Appliances market has a relatively high market concentration.
The Furniture & Appliances ranking of Germany is based on all online stores that generated sales in this segment in 2019. Due to a country- and category-dependent approach, both national and international online stores can be part of the ranking. The ranking shows a filtered revenue. It only includes national sales within the segment.
One of the fastest growing stores in the German Furniture & Appliances market is wayfair.de. The store achieved sales of around US$0.2 billion in 2019. Its revenue growth amounts to 200% within the previous year.
Digital Market Outlook by Statista
The Digital Market Outlook presents up-to-date figures on markets of the digital economy. The comparable key figures are based on extensive analyses of relevant indicators from the areas of society, economy, and technology.
Of the five categories considered by ecommerceDB, Furniture & Appliances is the fourth largest segment in Germany. It accounts for 15% of the online sales in Germany, as indicated by the Statista Digital Market Outlook. Over the last year, the revenue of this market has grown by 10%. The predicted compound annual growth rate (CAGR 19-23) for the next four years is 7%. The declining growth rate suggests a moderately flooded market.
Another indicator of market saturation is the online revenue share of 14% in the German Furniture & Appliances market, in other words, 14% of the products in this market are bought online.
Looking at the two subcategories of Furniture & Appliances, Furniture & Homeware is the largest. It accounts for 68% of the sales in the market. Household Appliances sales cover the remaining 32% of the market volume.
Depending on which kind of product is shipped and which country a parcel is shipped to, a company chooses to use different shipping service providers. The top three providers in the German Furniture & Appliances market are shown in the table on the right. In Germany, DHL is the most frequently offered shipping service provider in eCommerce in the Furniture & Appliances market in 2019. Of those stores indicating which service they use to transport their goods, 69% cited DHL as one of their providers. Moreover, DPD and GLS are among the top three shipping service companies offered by German online retailers in the Furniture & Appliances segment, at rates of 23% and 15% respectively.
Shipping information is based on orders from the store's main country, which is defined as the one where the store generates most of its online revenue. In this case, it is Germany. To have a category-specific evaluation, only stores with a focus on the Furniture & Appliances category are included. Only stores that provide information about their shipping providers can be considered.
|#||Shipping service provider|