With sales in the U.S. Furniture & Appliances market, amazon.com generated a revenue of almost US$8.8 billion in 2018, which means it is the leading online store in this segment. In second place is homedepot.com with a revenue of over US$5.3 billion, followed by wayfair.com with a revenue of US$3.8 billion. Altogether, the top three online stores account for a market share of 32% within the given segment. Compared to the U.S. eCommerce market across all segments, where the top three stores account for 30% of the market volume, the Furniture & Appliances market has a relatively high market concentration.
The Furniture & Appliances ranking of the U.S. is based on all online stores that generated sales in this segment in 2018. Due to a country- and category-dependent approach, both national and international online stores can be part of the ranking. The ranking shows a filtered revenue. It only includes national sales within the segment.
One of the fastest growing stores in the U.S. Furniture & Appliances market is mancrates.com. The store achieved sales of around US$66.8 million in 2018. Its revenue growth amounts to 160% within the previous year.
Digital Market Outlook by Statista
The Digital Market Outlook presents up-to-date figures on markets of the digital economy. The comparable key figures are based on extensive analyses of relevant indicators from the areas of society, economy, and technology.
Of the five categories considered by ecommerceDB, Furniture & Appliances is the third largest segment in the U.S. It accounts for 18% of the online sales in the United States, as indicated by the Statista Digital Market Outlook. Over the last year, the revenue of this market has grown by 12%. The predicted compound annual growth rate (CAGR 18-22) for the next four years is 11%. The declining growth rate suggests a moderately flooded market.
Another indicator of market saturation is the online revenue share of 19% in the U.S. Furniture & Appliances market, in other words, 19% of the products in this market are bought online.
Looking at the two subcategories of Furniture & Appliances, Furniture & Homeware is the largest. It accounts for 74% of the sales in the market. Household Appliances sales cover the remaining 26% of the market volume.
Depending on which kind of product is shipped and which country a parcel is shipped to, a company chooses to use different shipping service providers. The top three providers in the U.S. Furniture & Appliances market are shown in the table on the right. In the U.S., UPS (United Parcel Service) is the most frequently offered shipping service provider in eCommerce in the Furniture & Appliances market in 2018. Of those stores indicating which service they use to transport their goods, 59% cited UPS (United Parcel Service) as one of their providers. Moreover, FedEx and USPS (United States Postal Service) are among the top three shipping service companies offered by U.S. online retailers in the Furniture & Appliances segment, at rates of 52% and 43% respectively.
Shipping information is based on orders from the store's main country, which is defined as the one where the store generates most of its online revenue. In this case, it is the U.S. To have a category-specific evaluation, only stores with a focus on the Furniture & Appliances category are included. Only stores that provide information about their shipping providers can be considered.
|#||Shipping service provider|
|1.||UPS (United Parcel Service)||59%|
|3.||USPS (United States Postal Service)||42%|