With sales in the UK Furniture & Appliances market, amazon.co.uk generated a revenue of almost US$1.2 billion in 2018, which means it is the leading online store in this segment. In second place is ao.com with a revenue of over US$0.6 billion, followed by argos.co.uk with a revenue of US$0.6 billion. Altogether, the top three online stores account for a market share of 22% within the given segment. Compared to the UK eCommerce market across all segments, where the top three stores account for 20% of the market volume, the Furniture & Appliances market has a relatively high market concentration.
The Furniture & Appliances ranking of the UK is based on all online stores that generated sales in this segment in 2018. Due to a country- and category-dependent approach, both national and international online stores can be part of the ranking. The ranking shows a filtered revenue. It only includes national sales within the segment.
One of the fastest growing stores in the UK Furniture & Appliances market is amara.com. The store achieved sales of around US$70 million in 2018. Its revenue growth amounts to 120% within the previous year.
Digital Market Outlook by Statista
The Digital Market Outlook presents up-to-date figures on markets of the digital economy. The comparable key figures are based on extensive analyses of relevant indicators from the areas of society, economy, and technology.
Of the five categories considered by ecommerceDB, Furniture & Appliances is the third largest segment in the UK. It accounts for 14% of the online sales in the United Kingdom, as indicated by the Statista Digital Market Outlook. Over the last year, the revenue of this market has grown by 6%. The predicted compound annual growth rate (CAGR 18-22) for the next four years is 7%. The increasing growth rate indicates that the market still has a high growth potential and is not yet saturated.
Another indicator of market saturation is the online revenue share of 12% in the UK Furniture & Appliances market, in other words, 12% of the products in this market are bought online.
Looking at the two subcategories of Furniture & Appliances, Furniture & Homeware is the largest. It accounts for 67% of the sales in the market. Household Appliances sales cover the remaining 33% of the market volume.
Depending on which kind of product is shipped and which country a parcel is shipped to, a company chooses to use different shipping service providers. The top three providers in the UK Furniture & Appliances market are shown in the table on the right. In the UK, DPD is the most frequently offered shipping service provider in eCommerce in the Furniture & Appliances market in 2018. Of those stores indicating which service they use to transport their goods, 30% cited DPD as one of their providers. Moreover, DHL and UPS (United Parcel Service) are among the top three shipping service companies offered by UK online retailers in the Furniture & Appliances segment, at rates of 11% and 11% respectively.
Shipping information is based on orders from the store's main country, which is defined as the one where the store generates most of its online revenue. In this case, it is the UK. To have a category-specific evaluation, only stores with a focus on the Furniture & Appliances category are included. Only stores that provide information about their shipping providers can be considered.
|#||Shipping service provider|
|3.||UPS (United Parcel Service)||11%|